Saturday, May 7, 2022

DISCLAIMER: My Code

Here's my code - believe it - it's true

I have no interest in calling you. (No offense, sweetie :)

Ever since I was a teen

from now and back to inbetween

I never did anyone's bidding, not even for myself.

I simply looked pretty and sat on the shelf.

And they would come because they wanted to.

And I was Ms-Loyal-to-My-Man, true blue.

Feelings might come and feelings might go.

And I would put them on paper, you know.

To get them out and not destroy my soul.

So calling you is not my goal.

I hope you would trust me enough by now.

How many times have I shown you how?

Yes, I've struggled, yes, I've stalled.

But count the number of times I've called!

Zip, none, never, nada.

That is a guarantee that I hope you comprada.

Why all the fear? I'll never know.

If I mean so little, just let it go.

I can't help but wonder: why all the fuss?

It sounds like someone is lacking trust.

In themselves and each other - I'm willing to bet.

Otherwise, why would I be such a threat?

I just need some friends. I DON'T want to steal.

I couldn't if I wanted to - that was the deal.

But I express my feelings however I want!

And if your name isn't on it, don't bother to taunt.

Why shiver in fear that I'm going to call?

I do not chase, NO MATTER WHAT - that's all!

I'll sit and look "pretty" for one worthy and brave

Who thinks I'm worth keeping till I'm gone to the grave.

No matter what I write, there's one thing I'm owed.

The right to my feelings. And the right to my code.











No comments:

Post a Comment